asia argento wiki | asia argento biography

asia argento wiki | asia argento biography

asia argento biography : Asia Argento born Aria Maria Vittoria Rossa Argento, 20 September 1975) is an Italian actress, director, singer and model. The daughter of filmmaker Dario Argento, she is best known for her roles in the films XXX (2002), Land of the Dead (2005) and Marie Antoinette (2006).

After the Weinstein scandal in 2017, she became a leader of the "#MeToo" women's rights movement.In August 2018, The New York Times detailed allegations that Argento sexually assaulted actor Jimmy Bennett in 2013 when he was 17 and she was 37;Argento denied the allegations.


Argento has mentioned in interviews that she does not have a close relationship with her father. She has mentioned that he was absent when she was a child, and has also mentioned that, because of this, she did not have a happy childhood.Regarding her relationship with her father and her reason for acting, she has stated that:


I never acted out of ambition; I acted to gain my father's attention. It took a long time for him to notice me – I started when I was nine, and he only cast me when I was 16. And he only became my father when he was my director. I always thought it was sick to choose looking at yourself on a big screen as your job. There has to be something crooked in your mind to want to be loved by everybody. It's like being a prostitute, to share that intimacy with all those people.


In an interview with Filmmaker magazine, she stated that, at one time, "I was sick for a while; I was agoraphobic. I was afraid to go out of my apartment for a long time, I could only go out to work." 

Besides Italian, Argento speaks English and French, which she learned for her role in Les Morsures de L'Aube.

Her first child, Anna Lou, was born in 2001. Italian rock and roll musician Marco Castoldi (lead singer of Bluvertigo), also known as Morgan, is the father. She named her daughter after her half-sister Anna Ceroli, who died in a motorcycle accident.

Argento married film director Michele Civetta on 27 August 2008 in Arezzo. Her second child, Nicola Giovanni, was born in 2008 in Rome. The couple divorced in 2013. She and her children live in Vigna Clara neighborhood of Rome.

In early 2017, it was reported by several Italian news sources that Argento was in a relationship with celebrity chef and host of Parts Unknown Anthony Bourdain.Bourdain died of an apparent suicide in Kaysersberg-Vignoble, Haut-Rhin, France, on 8 June 2018.

On 19 August 2018, The New York Times detailed allegations that Argento sexually assaulted Jimmy Bennett, a then 17-year-old actor and musician, in a California hotel suite in 2013. Argento had first met with Bennett when he played Argento's son in the 2004 film The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things when Bennett was seven years old. According to Bennett, in their 2013 encounter, Argento gave him alcohol, performed oral sex on him and engaged him in sexual intercourse; she later paid him $380,000 as a settlement.



Previous Post
Next Post
Related Posts

0 comments: